We're currently polling a home relocation/overhaul, please take a minute to read and vote on this thread. All votes and replies are appreciated.

Sign in to follow this  
Xenthium

Home overhaul

Home overhaul  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should Aeon's home be shifted to somewhere more convenient, or continue to use the same home, with the npcs relocated and optimized

• Keep the same home, relocate some npcs & optimize their dialogue.
    • Shift Aeon's home to a new location.

So, after observing new people joining the server, one of the most common questions is "where are the shops?". It's gotten to the point now where I think we need to either relocate and overhaul all of the home npcs, or completely shift Aeon's home to another, more convenient location in which npcs can be placed close by without looking cluttered or out of place.

Optimizing npcs will basically mean changing how many things a single npc handles. For example, currently we have an individual npc for each weapon/armor shop, this could be changed to only a single npc, which would open dialogue prompting you to select which shop you want to open (would be selectable via keyboard number keys for quick navigation like the teleport dialogue). This in my opinion would be a much better way to handle it, instead of having to run from one npc to another. It would also increase client performance, as in some situations the client can drop its fps down to 1-3 while too many players/npcs are being rendered (Currently the reason why npcs are so spread out around home).

On the other hand, if a new home is voted for, it will have to be unique and not a commonly used location (Edgeville for example). If you vote for a new home, you are required to reply to this thread with your suggestion for a new home, or your vote will not be counted.

Suggestion for new home: Lletya, Shilo village, Clan Citadel/Mos le harmless if supported, have low level/resources around home and shops would encourage people to skill together eg. wc trees up to yew, mining up to addy, furnace, anvil, bank, fishing spots up to sharks just throwing suggestions

Honestly hate the compact NPC systems, avoids clutter but it’s too much dialogue for the ammount of items being sold/takes a lot of NPC’s away. I think the issue is lack of space at home, not NPC’s. 

(I +1 to lols’s Suggestions on a home (mos le harmless) gives a really nice vibe and is open yet still confined, sounds much better than what we have now)

Going off of Lols, I have to say that I would love a home at Mos Le Harmless. Definitely a unique home area and it is a solid balance between having ease of access to NPCs while simultaneously having a less cluttered and compacted area. The location of the houses in there also essentially does the work for you for setting up nice locations for npcs.

Could just be me, but mos le harlmess doesn't look very "home" like, the building material & dirt floors are also pretty unappealing
2be1731514.jpg

7 hours ago, Teerent said:

What about piscatoris fishing colony?

I was thinking of something like the clan citadels if we do move homes, it's much more modern looking there. The only issue is that our cache is missing some of the region xteas there, resulting in some bugged floors (I may be able to get this fixed). I personally don't want to move homes, I like yanille a lot, and I know it can be improved a heap by reorganizing several npcs.

Posted (edited)

honestly, i found alot of success in priff. Plus all the skilling areas would definitely encourage those skillers, and even irons to utilize all the amenities around the area at a higher level.  On another note, if you will be adding new shops, i would like to see more selection of items, like lower resource materials for skilling, crafting wise. And seeding from that area, more shops that have apparel Areas, (runecrafting robes, maybe staffs, hunting clothing, Fungal, Splitbark Just basic items that usually dont filter into the game as drops or obtainables.) As a suggestion only. (+I have noticed there isnt shooting star notice or any thing that informs you? )

Edited by vec

11 hours ago, vec said:

honestly, i found alot of success in priff. Plus all the skilling areas would definitely encourage those skillers, and even irons to utilize all the amenities around the area at a higher level.  On another note, if you will be adding new shops, i would like to see more selection of items, like lower resource materials for skilling, crafting wise. And seeding from that area, more shops that have apparel Areas, (runecrafting robes, maybe staffs, hunting clothing, Fungal, Splitbark Just basic items that usually dont filter into the game as drops or obtainables.) As a suggestion only. (+I have noticed there isnt shooting star notice or any thing that informs you? )

Priff isn't in our cache revision unfortunately, ours maps are 743 iirc. I do plan on going over all of the shops with this update, adding missing armour and weapon tiers etc. As for shooting stars, I'm not entirely sure on what's wrong with them. It appears they were disabled at some point, most likely due to a bug or exploit that I'm not aware of, so I'm hesitant to enable them again (their shop will most likely be removed).

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:12 AM, lols said:

Suggestion for new home: Lletya, Shilo village, Clan Citadel/Mos le harmless if supported, have low level/resources around home and shops would encourage people to skill together eg. wc trees up to yew, mining up to addy, furnace, anvil, bank, fishing spots up to sharks just throwing suggestions

Yes, Lletya, lletya, lletya. 100% agree. Mos Le'Harmless sounds unique enough to be pretty dope too.